7 Practices to Attain Enlightened Masculinity
What Does it Mean to Reach the State of Enlightened Masculinity?
In my life, I’ve experienced a full pendulum swing from being spiritually lost, addicted to substances for enjoyment and emotionally “unenlightened,” to having a spiritual awakening through meditation and ascending into states of radical freedom financially, sexually, mentally, emotionally and spiritually on every level. My understanding of this inner dimensional shift was that the ‘unenlightened’ part of me was not wrong for its past actions and unconscious behaviors, it was just not able to relax and be vulnerable with the deeper darker emotions that would arise. The unenlightened part was instead clinging to my desires, i.e., running to substances for an escape, looking to women for love, money for security, food for energy, sex for pleasure, and adrenaline for feeling wild and free. I can see how the unenlightened masculine aspect within me never took time to slow down and truly inquire what his soul yearned for in life. He couldn’t question his inner voice, life purpose, motives, nor desire to fully heal the emotional wounds he carried inside.
1. The Enlightened Masculine has a sense of humor. He acknowledges a deeper spiritual awareness which knows that life is a game, and so he plays with life lightly. He is sincere about his interactions with life, yet doesn’t take anything or anyone too seriously. He knows if he forgets the cosmic joke behind it all, he becomes lost in desire, drama, delusion and caught in the sticky matrix of the ego/mind and adding more suffering to mankind. Thus, the Enlightened Masculine’s perspective is free from seriousness, yet he takes love, truth, integrity, honesty and freedom very sincerely.
2. The Enlightened Masculine can be vulnerable with his emotions. He is not afraid or ashamed to express his grief, anger, shame, guilt or overwhelming happiness. He knows this is a way to create intimacy with another. He is fearless in his vulnerability and comes from a deeply honest space in himself where full transparency is reached in sharing his raw naked truth. He takes full responsibility for his every experience and does not project blame onto others. If he does, he apologizes immediately and takes ownership.
3. The Enlightened Masculine is spiritually connected and a highly sensitive Being. He is deeply in touch with his true nature, living as the unconditional love of existence. He is aware of his spiritual nature and the Infinite Divine Being that he truly is. A real man feels this power within himself deeply, so that he doesn’t have to feel powerless in the world. He knows that he is an eternal soul who will never die and thus he is kind, patient and loving with everyone that he meets. He is sensitive to the words and deeds he does to others as he knows what he gives out is what he gets back. So he is constantly practicing kindness, and shares his heart overflowing with loving healing energy.
4. An enlightened man embodies his true sexual power. He is a true Tantric Being wherever he goes, he is being intimately touched by the Divine feminine and masculine within existence. He is able to sexually satisfy himself with or without his partner for hours by not ejaculating and circulating his orgasmic energy with the mere intention of his mind and breath. The Enlightened Masculine deeply satisfies his partner by allowing his penis to remain rock hard for hours while making love, allowing his body to be extra sensitive and slow in sexual movement, dancing in rhythm with his partners body. He can do this because he has devoted himself to opening up his Kundalini Channel during lovemaking and gifting himself with a multi-orgasmic experience. This access to a constant state of orgasm allows him to tap into his full Kundalini manifestation power as he opens his spine up to God. The Enlightened Masculine is able to have long deep slow lovemaking with his partner which allow her to open herself up completely and surrender herself to the Divine energy that he is embodying. Together they never clench, push or chase after having a peak orgasm, or try to get their partner to reach a sexual peak to end the session and fall instantly asleep. Instead, he is interested in a deeper spiritual intimacy with himself and his Kundalini so allows himself to be taken by the cosmic playfulness in the bedroom.
5. An enlightened man knows how to listen, and he listens deeply because he cares. He has the ability to truly take in another without giving advice, criticism, feedback or mentally wandering from the conversation. He is present, engaging and full in his expression always rooted in humility and compassion. He can listen from three different perspectives. He can listen from his own ego/mind, from the other person’s point of view, and from a universal perspective. He is not attached to helping fix the other’s problems, yet instead feels how their issue relates to his own experience in life and speaks from his own perspective when asked to share.
6. An enlightened man is not fear based, jealous or possessive. He allows his partner the freedom to explore the other sensual Beings of this world according to the agreements they’ve made without anxiety, fear or jealousy. He trusts in his heart connection with her, knowing that his sensitivity will let him know if something is off or untrue. He welcomes agreements, commitment and a deep heartfelt connection with his partner. He is never jealous because he is devoted to real freedom and allows his partner the same.
7. An enlightened man is at peace with everyone in his past and future. He has faced and forgiven his demons from the past, and is emotionally at peace with his family, parents, and the world. He has dreams and desires of a beautiful future yet is not attached to them to be happy in this moment. He has nothing he needs to change within himself. He is content with who he is and how he is. He does not need to prove himself to anyone, he is free. His inner peace allows him to engage in the world in a way that uplifts others and naturally is a positive force of love for humanity. He does not try to gain power, control, or status in life, because he is deeply at peace with life exactly as it is. He simply trusts that the higher power is guiding everything and he gives his life over to this.