The 7 Essential Steps to Enlightened Masculinity
What does it mean to have an Enlightened Masculinity?
In my life, I’ve experienced a full pendulum swing from being completely lost, addicted to drugs and ‘unenlightened’, to being absolutely free financially, sexually, and spiritually on every level. My understanding is that the ‘unenlightened’ part of me is not bad or wrong, it is just not in touch with my emotions. This part of myself is clinging to my desires, running to substances for escape, looking to women for love, money for security, food for energy, sex for pleasure, and adrenaline for feeling totally wild and free! The unenlightened masculine within me doesn’t take time to inquire what he truly desires in life, not questioning his motives, nor wanting to explore the darkest aspects of his wounding inside.
1. An enlightened man has a sense of humor. He knows that Life is a game, and plays it lightly. He is sincere about life yet doesn’t take the game too seriously. He knows if he forgets the cosmic joke of it all, he becomes lost in desire, drama, delusion and caught in the sticky matrix of the ego/mind. The Enlightened Masculine man is free from seriousness, yet he takes love, truth and freedom very sincerely. He is not afraid or ashamed to express his grief, anger, shame, guilt or overwhelming happiness. He knows this is a way to create intimacy with another. He is fearless in his vulnerability and comes from a deeply honest space in himself where full transparency is reached in sharing his raw naked truth. He takes full responsibility for his every experience and does not project blame onto the other. If he does he apologizes immediately and takes ownership.
2. An enlightened man can be vulnerable with his emotions. He is not afraid or ashamed to express his grief, anger, shame, guilt or overwhelming happiness. He knows this is a way to create intimacy with another. He is fearless in his vulnerability and comes from a deeply honest space in himself where full transparency is reached in sharing his raw naked truth. He takes full responsibility for his every experience and does not project blame onto the other. If he does he apologizes immediately and takes ownership.
3. An enlightened man is spiritually connected and a highly sensitive being. He is deeply in touch with his true nature, living as the unconditional love of existence. He is aware of his spiritual nature and the Infinite divine being that he truly is. A real man feels this power within himself deeply, so that he doesn’t have to feel powerless in the world. He knows that he is an eternal soul who will never die and thus he is kind, patient and loving with everyone that he meets. He is sensitive to the words and deeds he does to others as he knows what he puts out is what he gets back. So he is constantly practicing kindness, and shares his heart overflowing with loving healing energy.
4. An enlightened man embodies his true sexual power. He is able to truly satisfy himself with or without his partner for hours by not ejaculating and circulating his orgasmic energy. He is a Tantric being wherever he goes, he is being intimately touched by the divine feminine and masculine within existence. He can open his Kundalini Channel up with a mere intention of his mind and allow his cock to remain rock hard for hours. He can do this because he is devoted to being free sexually, tapped into his Kundalini energy which opens his spine up to God. He is able to be slow in bed for his partner to allow her to open up completely and surrender herself to the safe loving Divine masculine that he is embodying. He never chases orgasm, or tries to get his partner to reach a sexual peak. Instead, he is interested in deeper spiritual intimacy and so allows himself to be taken by the cosmic playfulness in the bedroom.
5. An enlightened man knows how to listen, and he listens deeply because he cares. He has the ability to truly take in another without giving advice, criticism, feedback or mentally wandering from the conversation. He is present, engaging and full in his expression always rooted in humility and compassion. He can listen from three different perspectives. You can listen from his own ego/mind, from the other persons point of view, and from a more universal perspective. He is not attached to helping fix the others problems, yet instead feels how their issue relates to his own experience in life and speaks from his own perspective when asked to share.
6. An enlightened man is not fear based, jealous or possessive. He allows his partner the freedom to explore the other sensual beings of this world according to the agreements they’ve made without anxiety, fear or jealousy. He trusts in his heart connection with her, knowing that his sensitivity will let him know if something is off or untrue. He welcomes agreements, commitment and a deep heartfelt connection with his partner. He is never jealous because he is devoted to real freedom and allows his partner the same.
7. An enlightened man is at peace with everyone in his past and future. He has faced and forgiven his demons from the past, it is emotionally at peace with his family, parents, and the world. He has dreams and desires of a beautiful future yet is not attached to them to be happy in this moment. He has nothing he needs to change within himself. He is content with who he is and how he is. He does not need to prove himself to anyone, he is free. His inner peace allows him to engage in the world in a way that uplifts others and naturally is a positive force of love for humanity. He does not try to gain power , control or status in life because he is deeply at peace with life exactly as it is. He simply trusts that the higher power is guiding everything and he gives his life over to this.