Written by Jafree Ozwald
At some point in life, we all feel traumatized by something emotionally, mentally, and/or physically. If we become over-identified with our pain, the experience of trauma can linger and remain stuck our entire lives. Pain is a normal part of the human experience, yet it doesn’t have to live inside us forever. Fortunately, there is a way to release any emotional/mental pain that is trapped inside our cells. Below is my 7 step healing process on how anyone can release any trauma stuck inside their body!
The 7 Step Process for Healing Emotional Pain and Trauma
1. First, locate wherein the physical body you’re holding the emotional pain and open up to feeling those sensations; usually, emotional pain is stored in the stomach, chest, or heart.
2. Stay with the pain, welcoming all of the negative feelings inside it. Stop resisting it, controlling it, or pushing away the painful thoughts, memories, or bodily sensations and allow the feelings to be there.
3. Breathe into the pain physically feel it opening up and relax with the pain until the energy softens. You might imagine hard frozen ice cream is slowly melting on a hot summer day. Feel the softness inside the hardness, the lightness inside the heaviness, the freedom inside the stuckness, etc…
4. Feel into the infinite all-intelligent universe that physically exists around you. Let this infinite space connect with pain so that your trauma has plenty of space to breathe, be more relaxed, and feel as if it could be released.
5. Let go of all identifications with your pain; meaning release all of your angry-victim, shame-blame, self-hate, and low self-esteem stories that were regurgitating in your mind and which kept the trauma stuck in place.
6. Allow the whole pain and trauma to dissolve and disappear into nothing. Breathe deeply, slowly, and relax into the space where the pain was stored. Connect with any relaxing, free, and empowered thoughts, feelings, and sensations.
7. Check the body for any residual leftovers of pain. If there is some small part that is still holding on, repeat the 7 step process until there is truly nothing left inside you but sensations of relaxation, peace, and stillness.
NOTE: It’s very important to know that the mind is super slippery and will probably become very distracted, avoidant, and resistant to going through each step of this healing process. The mind does not want to re-traumatize itself and experience the pain again, so it turns towards the phone, food, drugs, sex, entertainment, or anything for comfort.
Your pain might become so strong that you attempt to talk with a friend or counselor to try to understand it so that it heals. Understanding your painful story of what happened, how it happened, and why it happened is not actually healing and releasing the traumatic memory trapped inside the body’s physical cells. Psychoanalysis (or talk therapy) is a very long road to healing, and it is often a distraction mechanism that can keep you stuck in your emotional trauma for much longer than is necessary.
If you need assistance with going through these 7 steps
please feel free to order a personal session with Jafree at this link.
Sending deep healing vibes to you,