By Jafree Ozwald and Avalon De Witt
Whether you want to deepen your marriage, attract your soulmate, or just get along better with your partner, it always helps when you bring Spirit into your relationships. Many times we get caught up in “taking care of business” in relationships and we go through the motions, forgetting all about our soul connection to ourselves and each other. When you bring the spiritual part into your relationships, you are drawing from a power that is infinite and this allows you to both manifest everything that you dreaming of. So what’s the first step you can do? Here’s our top 10 list to make your relationship shine like the sun!
1. Listen… Really Listen. Don’t try to listen or do some type of listening technique because when you’re concentrating on a technique, you’re not fully listening. Just take in what the other person has to say. Receive the meaning of the message, let it digest into your heart and bones without immediately jumping to respond to the message. Listening is a bridge that allows you to connect to the spirit within people. Spirit naturally shows up when people are listening to each other from a soft, patient, open space, and feel that they are truly connecting.
2. Practice Non-judgment. It is not up to us to decide if another person is right or wrong, or their actions are purely good or purely bad. We never know how something might serve Spirit or the higher ultimate good in the long run. This does not mean you cannot assess or be discriminating in your relationships. You can assess whether someone is being sincere, honest, trustworthy, and so on, you just don’t have to assign a good or bad judgment to it. What is just IS, and what you make of it is up to you.
3. Seek First to Understand the Other. Don’t worry so much about being understood or misunderstood. When you drop your concern about that, and get curious about understanding the other person, and two miraculous things happen. First, you stop stressing yourself about what others think of you. Second, you show the other person that they are important to you. When the other person sees that they are genuinely important to you, they will generally return the feeling. Not to mention, being able to understand another person just feels good, and feeling good always brings Spirit naturally into relationships.
4. Be Radically Honest. Most people will respect you for your honesty, even if they don’t agree with you. But don’t go along with others just to please them, if it doesn’t please you too. If someone likes you for something that you’re not, then it’s not you that they like. Be who you are. People will sense your discomfort and yet may not know why, which will create tension in the relationship where it’s not necessary. Be true to yourself by speaking up and telling the truth about who you are and what you desire. I always say, “If you’re not true to yourself, you cannot be true to anyone else.”
5. Eat Together. Make time to sit down and break bread together. And it can’t be just a hamburger in the car on the way to a show. There is no substitute for sitting down and sharing a meal with a person. Animals will not eat when they’re threatened. When you eat with someone, you are showing them that you trust them. When two people are trusting each other, they are relaxed, open and Spirit is there.
6. Stop Analyzing the Relationship. Stop analyzing and worrying about the future of your relationship. Just BE in the relationship. Enjoy the relationship here and now. The here and now IS your bridge to the future. If you are spending your days worried about your tomorrows, you’re not actually here, in today, doing what it takes to build something that can endure.
7. Say Thank You Often. The more you are thankful, the more you will have to be thankful for. Be grateful for what this person brings into your life, and of course, people always like being thanked even if they cannot take it in. Saying thank you is like returning what’s been given to you, with interest, except it doesn’t cost you anything. Most of the time, thanking someone will make you feel just as good as the other person feels hearing it, and sometimes even better.
8. Be Open to What You Can Learn. When we are open to learning, we are expanding and growing within ourselves. This is the work of Spirit. There is always something more for us to learn. When we stop learning, we stop growing, and when we’re not growing, we’re dying. Learn especially how to let go of what does not uplift you so you can give more love and let in more love. Learn only this and you will live the life that your soul came here for!
9. Be More Selfish. I’m talking about being Selfish with a big “S,” not selfish with a small one. If you want Spirit to show up, what you are doing in the relationship needs to be more important to you than what the other person is doing in the relationship. You can’t control the other person. You can’t always know what another person’s intentions are. But you can control yourself, and you can know your own intentions. When you concentrate on your own desires, intentions, and actions, rather than those of the other person, you are taking responsibility for your part in the relationship. No one else can do that for you.
10. Know that You Are Beautiful. The great Spirit inside of you came from the Divine Light. If you are alive, you have this Light inside of you, and that Light is beautiful. When you see the beauty in yourself, it’s easier to recognize it in others. Enjoy the beauty that is in you. Admire it. Let it make you smile, the way the beauty of a child or a sunset makes you smile. Your sense of beauty will become contagious.
Always remember that the purpose of relationships is spiritual growth. Every interaction is one more opportunity to become more of who you truly are. Spirit is the breath of life in relationships. Without it, we fall short of connecting with others. Bring more Spirit into each of your connections and watch how much easier it is to get along, and to find fulfillment in all your interactions.
For more enlightening information about how to relate on the highest possible frequency, turn up the vibration in your life!! Learn how to manifest and attract that Divine Relationship to you with my 90 Day Super Manifesting Program at www.SuperManifestor.com
Notice how the blessings are manifesting everywhere…
Copyright 2021. Enlightened Beings. All Rights Reserved.